Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blessing Day


Of course the day of Brooklyn's blessing, when we're having lots of people over and plan to utilize our deck and backyard, IT SNOWED! So that changed our plans a bit, but we all just crowded in the house and it worked out just fine. Mark had been worried that Brooklyn would just cry the whole time he was trying to give her a blessing 9he gets very frustrated when she cries), but the sweet little girl fell asleep for about 15 minutes and luckily that time frame included her blessing! Unfortunately, these pictures are from later that night because, being the scatter-brained parents we are, we forgot to take pictures earlier and had to redress her later on. I'm very surprised Grandma Ruthie didn't have her camera handy earlier, as she always does. Then again, Brooklyn was exasted and fall alseep shortly after we got home from church, so she spent most of the party in her crib. I love her dress from BabyGap but it was still too big and I had to pin it in the back. Still very cute but she'll be even cuter in it in a month or so. Can you believe she's already 3 months old?!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

I love her dress, so cute!! Sorry we had to go home and couldn't make it to her blessing, we were so sad that we had to miss it.

Cassie said...

It was a great blessing that Mark gave. Not to mention a fantastic party, Lou! I am still dreaming of all that soup. And- I sure like seeing you.
Plus, your new bishop sounds EXACTLY like Kenneth from 30 Rock... I laughed something fierce.

Angela Shaw said...

She looks so pretty! I love that you had to re-dress her. That sounds like something I would have to do. Lovin the new posts too! Keep it up! :)

Shay and Jimmy said...

I should have given Brooklyn a photo shoot. She's so beautiful. Jimmy and I were really glad that we could share her special day with you. She is one lucky baby to have so many people love her.

OggieDoggie said...

We love that little girl!Stanford omments are really made by Grandma Ogden.}

The Smith's said...

She's so cute! It's hard to believe that I still haven't seen her in person. We really need to fix that! Hope you're doing well!

Holly Ogden said...

I love all the new pictures you have posted. I am sad we missed the blessing. I am sure it was wonderful!